Learn more about the Purple Line through related community events and meetings listed below.
Please Join Us!
The next Purple Line NOW forum, Getting Ready for the First Purple Line Ride, will be held virtually via a Zoom Webinar on Thursday, August 20, from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm.
We encourage you to register quickly for this educational and informative event. Although our events are always free and open to the public, Purple Line NOW operates on a slim (very slim!) budget, so we only have capacity to offer 100 spaces to those who register first.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation that your space is reserved, along with information about how to join the webinar on August 20.
As promised, we have been busy lining up an awesome slate of speakers for you for this bi-county forum, which will focus on both Prince George’s and Montgomery counties – and what each is doing to prepare for the day when we hop on board for that first Purple Line ride!
- Casey Anderson, Chair, Montgomery County Planning Board
- Vicki Davis, President, Urban Atlantic Development
- The Honorable Andrew Friedson, Montgomery County Council Member (District 1)
- The Honorable Dannielle M. Glaros, Prince George’s County Council Member (District 3)
- John L. Ziegenhein, President and Chief Executive Officer of The Chevy Chase Land Company and Justin Kennell, Development Manager, Bozzuto Development Company
We have also invited a representative from the Prince George’s County Planning Board to join us. There will be time at the end of the webinar for audience questions. Media is welcome, but will need to register in advance at the link above.
All of us here at Purple Line NOW hope that you remain healthy during this difficult time. Stay safe and wash those hands!
Upcoming Events and Meetings