In today's edition of Purple Line NOW News, here's what you'll find:
- What's Happening at PLN?
- May 4 Forum -- Reserve Your (Virtual) Seat NOW!
- Purple Line in the News
- Purple Line-Related Events Around the Corridor
- Photos From Around the Corridor
Share This Newsletter
Please feel free to share this newsletter - no permission from us needed! You can always find a link to our newsletter on our Purple Line NOW website which makes it easy to share with your friends, neighbors, constituents, customers, and employees.
WHAT'S HAPPENING AT PLN?
Reserve Your (Virtual) Seat NOW!
Plan to join us on Tuesday, May 4, from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm for the next forum in our Envisioning the Purple Line Series -- this one will be a status update of the whole project and we are busy working on a great slate of panelists for you!
As we announced last month, Maryland Secretary of Transportation, Gregory Slater, will be our keynote speaker, and will bring us up-to-date on what's happening along the line, the timeline going forward, and other bits of interest to all of us who are eager to get to that first ride. Secretary Slater's remarks will be followed by a panel discussion with key Purple Line leaders including Matthew Pollack, MDOT MTA Executive Director of Transit Development and Delivery, Maricela Cordova, Purple Line Implementation Manager, Montgomery County Department of Transportation, as well as representatives from Prince Georges county and other project leaders.
You know the ropes by now -- all of Purple Line NOW fora are free and open to the public and press, but you must register in advance as our capacity is limited. We will be recording this event, so in the event that we do fill all our seats, the recording will be available to view at a later date. But, don't wait, click the green button below and register for this informative event!
Please consider a donation to Purple Line NOW so that we can continue to offer these events throughout the year free of charge. We do not host special event fundraisers, nor do we receive underwriting grants from any source, government (local or otherwise), nor are we a membership organization (we do not ask for annual dues). We rely solely on support from donors like YOU!
Remember, with your donation, your name (or your business name) will be listed on our website, as well as in event literature and signage for a year following your donation.
As always, a great big thank you to ALL OF OUR DONORS! We simply could not do our work without your support. If you don't see your name on our website link, you can donate by clicking the purple button below.
Thank you, thank you!
THE PURPLE LINE IN THE NEWS
USDOT readies American Rescue Plan funds for transit agencies (M. Wanek-Libman, March 30, 2021, Mass Transit)
University of Maryland Discovery District is bringing an innovation neighborhood to College Park (S. Babcock, March 23, 2021, Technical.ly)
FEATURES & HIGHLIGHTS
Purple Line-Related Events Around the Corridor:
- Don't forget to register for the Purple Line NOW Status Update with a keynote from Maryland Secretary of Transportation, Gregory Slater on Thursday, May 4, 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm.
- How do you see public art used on roads, bridges & transportation hubs? Share your ideas & learn more about arts & connectivity at the Prince Georges County Cultural Arts Study meeting hosted by @PGPlanningMD, @pgahcarts, and @pgparks. Prince George's County Cultural Arts Study, tomorrow, Thursday, April 8, 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm.
- Connecting the Corridor: Lessons from a Century of Racism and Resilience Along the Purple Line, April 21, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm. Sharing stories from communities along the Purple Line about racism, redevelopment, and activism.
- If you missed the March Langley Park community meeting, you can watch the full event at Langley Park Neighborhood Bicycle Boulevards
Some photos from work happening around the Purple Line corridor from MDOT MTA:
Make sure you are signed up for timely alerts from Purple Line NOW via our Twitter and Facebook pages, and at our website Purple Line NOW.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with